"So here was a teacher, recognized on a national level and achieving incredible results for low-income students, being forced to spend his free time raising the money to pay his own wages (which were, in any case, being systematically cut). He'd had enough."− Steve Hilton, MORE HUMAN
"Wait, wait, wait. So if I understand right–so you basically have to raise the money for your own position?"− Ira Glass, Host This American Life
"How have you managed to do what others say is impossible?"− First Lady, Michelle Obama
Jason took stage to bring the plight of the American teacher to the public eye. A techie drop-out, Jason became a public school teacher in the Washington DC area, and received several national awards and recognitions. However, cuts to education left his job in a lurch year after year.
Jason shared his experiences in education and audiences responded, selling out multiple runs of Dr. Science’s Science Time Science-va-ganza with Adam Rueben, and winning DC’s annual storytelling tournament.
After an appearance on “This American Life” with Ira Glass, Jason became master curriculum designer at Khan Academy’s first brick-and-mortar school. He continues to build classrooms and entertain audiences.
- National Science Teacher’s Association, Zula Teacher of the Year
- Air Force Association, Aerospace Teacher of the Year
- StoryLeague Storytelling Tournament Champion
- First Lady Michelle Obama and Teacher of the Year Jason Pittman teach children of Hollin Meadows Science and Math Focus School
- Master Cirriculm Designer for Khan Academy’s Lab School
- Teacher at Sea with finder of the Titanic, Bob Ballard
- American Geologic Institute Teacher of the Year
- Virginia Legilature passes Law in honor of Jason Pittman
- This American Life
- Dr. Science’s Science Time Science-va-ganza